We live in a world that seems to be full of extroverts. What’s more, they seem to find attracting women easy, so it’s obvious to ask the question, “Do women like introverted men?” Luckily many do, and although a lot of women might admit that they find the extrovert bad boy types attractive and fun to be around, they don’t necessarily see them as long-term relationship material. The qualities offered by introverted men are often more appealing for women looking for a man that’s a keeper.
Shy v Introverted
Being shy isn’t the same as being an introvert, although they do have similarities. The key difference is that someone who is an introvert enjoys spending time on their own, whereas someone who is shy may crave other people’s company but is too afraid to try and be around others.
True introverts often shun the company of others finding it uncomfortable to be in situations where they are required to communicate on more than a one to one level. Introverts prefer to be alone or with one or two other people that they are closely connected to. Shy people often crave the company of others, but find communicating difficult, often not knowing what to say or do. Both shy and introverted people can suffer similar feelings of anxiety when faced with crowds, but an introvert is often good at public speaking or giving presentations, whereas a shy person finds this very difficult, suffering from embarrassment and self-consciousness
Many stars of stage and screen are introverts, it may surprise you to learn that some of these people are in fact introverts:
- Tom Hanks
- Steve Martin
- Harrison Ford
- Clint Eastwood
- Noah Wiley
And it’s not only Hollywood start, many famous and wealthy men in modern history are also introverts, including:
- Bill Gates
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Steven Spielberg
Someone who is shy can overcome their shyness with the right help. But someone who is introvert is not going to change. It is part of them as much as the color of their eyes or hair. Trying to turn an introvert into an extrovert is like asking a leopard to change his spots.
Many people mistake introverts as being shy or even lonely, but the fact is they are typically asocial and actively avoid social interaction. This does not, however, mean that they lack the ability to interact socially. In reality, introverts are typically more in tune to social cues than extroverts but prefer to interact on a one to one basis, and with people they know intimately. Introverts often don’t conform to the demands made by a group dynamic.
Introverts are often keenly aware of their aversions, but that doesn’t mean they don’t want to be more extroverted. Often, they will do things that are out of their comfort zone and will socialize in small groups and pursue careers and pastimes that require them to be in a crowd.
So why do women like introverted men?
Likable traits of an Introvert
- Kind. They like to make those close to them happy. So, acts of kindness are just part of who they are.
- Caring. They provide the perfect shoulder to cry on and care deeply about people they have an intimate relationship with.
- Loyal. They remain fiercely true to those they love or care about.
- Intuitive. They are good at reading people and seem to instinctively know if someone is good or bad. They don’t tolerate fools easily. They know when their partner is feeling upset or unhappy.
- Respectful. Often people think introverts are rude or aloof, but this is not intentional. Introverts usually have great respect for the people they care about or admire.
- Tolerant. Introverts have a high tolerance level. They will put up with a great deal just letting it wash over them like water off a duck’s back, but once their tolerance level is finally reached, they can be surprisingly explosive, although this is very short lived, and they will quickly regain control.
- Mindful. Introverts don’t like to make others feel uncomfortable and are considerate about how they make people feel.
- Sharing. Introverts are not generally selfish but enjoy sharing with their loved ones.
- Form deep connections. Because introverts have a need to know those close to them intimately, their connection to those close to them is often far deeper and heartfelt than connections made by people who are more extrovert in nature.
These traits make introverts highly appealing to women. As women want to feel special, cherished and loved.
So, what about traits that might be less appealing to women?
An introvert’s less likable traits
- Inward thinking. An introvert can find it difficult to share their feelings and emotions with others. They can tend to internalize their own problems rather than voice them to others.
- Non-communicative. Introverts often live inside their own heads and can forget to communicate with others. This can lead to those around them wondering what they are thinking, which can lead to doubt and confusion.
- Fearful. Due to their empathy with others, introverts will avoid discussing subjects they feel will be upsetting, they dislike confrontation and will actively avoid it.
- Timid. They can often seem to be timid, as they don’t want to go out to big parties or put themselves in situations where they must deal with crowds of people.
- Quiet. Introverts tend not to talk for talking’s sake, they are typically quiet and find small talk challenging. However, when they do have something worth saying it will be well thought out and articulate.
- Shy. Women often think introverts are shy, although this is not always true.
- Solitary. An introvert would rather stay at home and make a romantic meal than take his girlfriend out on a date to a crowded restaurant or nightclub.
Photo by Elijah Hail on Unsplash
Irresistible Introvert Charms
Keeping an introvert’s traits in mind, let’s look at other irresistible charms introverts possess, charms that ensure women do indeed like introverted men.
Men of Mystery
Introverts are men of mystery, which women find extremely sexy. They are also gentlemen, knowing how to treat a lady.
Relaxed, Calm and Confident
Women like the way introverted men can chill out and relax. They don’t sweat the small stuff and if an emergency does arrive, they can easily take charge, being outwardly calm and confident.
Whereas extroverts tend to ignite into shouting matches rather easily, an argument with an introvert is rather less dramatic. They remain passive, logical and will try to quell the situation as quickly as possible. This is not to say that they don’t hold strong opinions on things. They do, but they just don’t go shouting it from the rooftops for everyone to hear. Have you ever heard the phrase “the loudest people in the room usually have the least to say”?
Because introverted men are thinkers, they rarely react to raw emotion, more usually they will consider the situation carefully first, giving a measured and well thought out response. This makes them ooze confidence and shows just how smart they are.
An introvert doesn’t feel the need to constantly reassure his girlfriend about his feelings for her in words. Instead, he will choose to show her through his actions. Women love this, actions, after all, speak louder than words.
Introverts make passionate lovers who are very in tune with their partners because they enjoy giving pleasure as much as receiving it. They like to learn what turns their partner on and how to hit the sweet spot every time. It goes without saying that this is a definite turn on for women lucky enough to have an introvert lover.
Due to their deep-thinking ability, introverts are intelligent and enjoy engaging in meaningful conversations with people they consider their equals. This is very sexy to an intelligent woman as they can be stimulated not only physically but also mentally.
At the end of the day, when a woman has found “the one,” she will want to take him home to meet Mom and Dad. Introverts are perfect for this, as their calm, quiet, respectful, caring and considerate qualities all tick the right boxes on the parents’ suitability radar. Basically, this quiet man can sweet talk the birds right out of the trees when he wants to.
Photo by Omar Lopez on Unsplash
Why do women like introverted men? Because they are kind, caring, intuitive, thoughtful, calm, respectful, make great lovers and continually show their love through actions – the little things they do that say, “I love you” without the need for words each and every day.
So, if you are an introverted man, looking for the love of a woman, know that you are all these things and much more besides. You have a great deal to give to a relationship and your chances of enjoying a long lasting and loving one probably stand a far greater chance of success than for those who are of the extrovert personality type.
In answer to the original question, “Do women like introverted men?” I think you already know the answer is yes, they absolutely do!
The perfect woman is out there, and half the fun is finding her.